Product Safety and Regulatory Expert (m/f/d)
|Job ID ||27328 |
|Position title ||Product Safety and Regulatory Expert (m/f/d) |
|Number of vacancies ||1 |
|Country ||Germany |
|Work location || Leverkusen |
|Function || Research & Application |
|Job type ||100% |
|Employment type ||Permanent |
You will be part of a small global group of regulatory specialist/experts responsible for the product stewardship of TFL's diverse range of chemical products, operating in cross-functional teams in an innovative environment with flat management structures and abundant learning opportunities. You will be based in Leverkusen, Germany, with the potential of part time home office work.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain the composition and regulatory status of products in the operational database.
- Carry out product classification and labelling assessments, including transport classification, and assign customs codes.
- Create and maintain global safety data sheets.
- Carry out substance and product registrations/notifications in local and international regions.
- Keep up to date with international regulatory requirements of relevance to the products, registrations and application.
- Act as internal advisor for any area of specialist skill (such as toxicology, ecotoxicology or regulatory chemistry).
- Act as advisor on regulatory issues to other departments within the company such as research, sales, logistics and manufacturing.
- Act as the project owner for regulatory activities, maintaining an overview of technical requirements, costs, timelines and any potential threats to success.
- Academic qualification in chemistry (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Work experience in the chemical industry with complex formulation products (3+years)
- Experience with REACH and/or other international chemical regulations
- Knowledge of CLP and product hazard assessment
- Experience of working on data management and safety data sheet preparation
- The ability to work in an international environment with staff of diverse technical backgrounds and cultures
- High degree of computer literacy (preferably SAP)
- Great organizational skills and team player
- Motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Fluent in English; German skills are a plus