Manager Indirect Tax (m/f/d)
|Job ID ||27138 |
|Position title ||Manager Indirect Tax (m/f/d) |
|Number of vacancies ||1 |
|Country ||Germany |
|Work location || Leverkusen |
|Function || Finance |
|Job type ||100% |
|Employment type ||Permanent |
With the acquisition of the OLC business from Lanxess AG, TFL Ledertechnik GmbH will purchase, manufacture, store and sell products in Germany. Therefore, the number and complexity of business processes which are relevant for value-added tax (VAT) purposes in Germany will increase massively.
New business processes such as intra-community deliveries from Germany, import and export of goods from or to Germany, chain and intracommunity triangular transactions with a nexus in Germany will be realized at TFL Ledertechnik GmbH.
Furthermore, the compliance and documentation requirements for achieving VAT exemptions in Germany and abroad are increasing, too. Besides Germany, TFL Ledertechnik GmbH is currently registered for VAT purposes in France and Spain. After the UK leaving the single market, a British VAT registration will probably be required. Changes in legislation require companies to increasingly monitor the correct determination and accounting of VAT on an ongoing basis to minimize risks. The newly created position of Indirect Tax Manager should take appropriate account of this growing workload.
Please note: The position will be based in Leverkusen.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns, Summary statements (ZM), Intrastat and annual VAT returns in Germany and, if necessary, in other European countries
- Registration of import and export customs declarations with ATLAS
- Monitoring of compliance with customs and VAT law and regulations
- Function as the primary contact person for complex VAT processes such as chain transactions and call-off stock
- Analysis and assessment of new business processes in relation to VAT as well as their implementation in SAP in cooperation with the IT department
- Support the implementation of a tax compliance management system for VAT
- Optimization of processes with respect to VAT and customs regulation
- Completed commercial apprenticeship, ideally in the area of accounting, taxation or foreign trade
- University degree with focus on accounting or tax is desirable but not a prerequisite
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a large consultancy firm or in the industry (e.g. logistic industry)
- Relevant practical experience in the field of VAT / customs in an international company
- Sound understanding of cross-border transactions in goods and services (e.g. chain transactions, call-off stock, consignment warehouses, cross-border services)
- Good knowledge of German VAT law and the European VAT system directive
- Structured and independent way of working
- Very good analytical skills, especially a fast learning ability regarding processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and SAP (especially MWST set-up in SAP such as OBCD table and transactions VK 11-13)
- Excellent German and English skills (additional languages are an asset)