Kappa branching out into children’s wear
Sports clothing and footwear dealer Kappa is to launch a children’s clothing collection this autumn. The unisex range includes both functional sports garments and streetwear in sizes from 128 to 176. In addition, following a successful spring launch this year, Kappa intends making further additions to its kids footwear collection. In sizes 28 to 35 and partially too in sizes 36 to 40 the sportswear brand retails casual sneakers and rugged boots with a Tex membrane for the cold months of the year.
Peter Kaiser opens its own online shop
Peter Kaiser Schuhfabrik GmbH has opened its own online shop. As of now all product groups from the 2011/2012 winter and 2012 spring/summer collections are available under www.peter-kaiser.de.
Double-digit growth for Prime Shoes
In the current financial year 2011/2012 Prime Shoes GmbH in Greifenberg will probably increase sales by just under 20 percent to 4.2 million Euro. For the financial year to follow the company forecasts a further sales increase of ten percent. The Prime Shoes range of welted footwear accounts for 60 percent of sales, and the fashionable Hamlet brand for the remaining 40 percent. Annual output is 25 000 pairs of Prime Shoes and 20’000 pairs of Hamlet shoes. Some 20 percent of total output is exported (markets are Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Holland and Norway).
Wortmann a hair’s breadth off the billion mark
In the first half (autumn-winter season) of the current financial year 2011/2012 sales by the Wortmann Goup in Detmold rose by10.5 percent to 503.1 million Euro. In the light of the present order situation the Group expects consolidated sales for the whole financial year to reach a figure in excess of 995 million Euro (previous year 957.7 million Euro). The export quota will probably increase to about 54 percent (previous year 52.7 percent). Among its export markets the Group is very successful in Russia, where it has its own marketing subsidiaries, and in France. Tamaris, Wortman’s leading brand, is still progressing towards its self-appointed goal of becoming the number one footwear brand in Europe. With a production volume of 31 million pairs in the fashion segment and about 27 million pairs in the standard range Wortmann is one of Europe’s largest footwear producing and marketing companies. In fashionable women’s footwear it is the market leader in Europe.
Fashion Days conclude ANWR ordering round
At the Fashion Days held on the campus in Mainhausen on 20 and 21 March the ANWR Schuh dealers concluded ordering for the upcoming autumn/winter season. 400 visitors from 180 companies took advantage of the fair to give their ranges a contemporary fashion facelift. The event focused specifically on the fashion segment of the specialist footwear trade. Accordingly therefore new exhibitors such as Floris van Bommel, Julian Hakes and Iron Fist were present, ideally in tune with the fair concept. In five pavilions 140 producers showcased more than 200 brands. Bags and accessories came in for close scrutiny by the fashion-oriented trade visitors. The markedly broadened range of available footwear encountered widespread approval.
Zalando opens outlet in Berlin
Zalando has opened its first stationary outlet in Berlin. Registered members can acquire 500 different brands of footwear, fashion items and accessories on 3 levels with a total floorspace of some 1’000 square metres.
New dates for Schuh Austria
Schuh Austria in the brandboxx in Salzburg will run one week later than originally scheduled. It will now be open on 12 and 13 August.
PoS: Fashion, Technology and early dates well received
PoS is obviously on the right track. With just under 350 registered visitors on the first day and still 110 on the second day the stands were busy, particularly on the opening day. Visitor numbers may have been positively influenced by an event one day earlier: ISC Germany had issued invitations to a symposium entitled “Testing, Inspection, Certification - do you still trust or do you already check?”. One whole day was devoted to the objective, usefulness and innovation of footwear tests and certificates in general and what added value they can create for products.
The next Point of Shoes will be on 26 and 27 September, again preceding Lineapelle in Bologna.
Successful run for the APLF Fairs
The Fashion Access fashion fair, organized by the APLF, and the materials suppliers fair MM&T (Materials, Manufacturing & Technology) ran from 28 to 30 March at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. A grand total of some 1800 firms displayed their new collections at this, the most international leather and footwear event in the south east Asia region. While other fairs focus specifically on the Chinese market, the catchment area of the APLF fairs is by tradition extremely international, with the emphasis on the region extending from the Indian subcontinent to Australia and New Zealand.